Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and normally sets the mood for the rest of the meals that follow, so we found a healthier option to the much-loved pancake stack.
We all want to eat healthier, especially during the winter months when we tend to lean towards foods that are higher in carbs and fats. This delicious spin on your traditional pancake recipe is taken from taste.com and will be sure to make your winter mornings a little lighter whilst filling you up with scrumptious goodness. This is the perfect recipe for the family breakfast or to impress that someone special because the toppings can be tailored to everyone’s tastes. The kids will also love it because they can get creative with their toppings – especially with all the bright colours of the fruit.
These pancakes are super easy to throw together and quick to make – it only takes three simple steps and no mixing bowls are required (so less mess). Just be sure to savour the flavours before completely devouring them.
Granola Pancakes Recipe – Serves 4
- 125g (1 cup) granola
- 50g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 2 bananas, peeled
- 2 eggs
- 250ml (1 cup) low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Coconut or Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Raspberries, to serve
- Strawberries, to serve
- Place the granola, oats, bananas, eggs, milk and baking powder in a blender. Blend until smooth and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with oil or add a light drizzle of oil. Drop 1/4-cupfuls of batter into the pan. Cook for 30 seconds or until small bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook for 1 minute or until cooked through. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes with yoghurt, maple syrup and berries.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can add any of your favourite fruits that are in season as toppings and you can substitute the maple syrup for honey and cinnamon (if you really want to). And if you don’t want yogurt, try replacing it with some ricotta.
Disclaimer: Some items in this article may not be eligible for cashback. Deals, products, displayed prices, cashback rates and available retailers through Cashrewards mentioned above may change at any time without notice. This article has not been specifically sponsored in any way, by any retailer, although Cashrewards has ongoing partnerships with the stores mentioned above in order to provide you cashback at these stores.