Unfortunately, winter isn’t over yet. Although the days may be warm and sunny (depending on which state you live in) the nights are still freezing. Warm your belly with this delicious hearty Panang-style meal that takes under 30 minutes to prepare. It’s Panang done differently! Taken from taste.com.au this is the perfect meal for one or for the family.
The Recipe – Serves 4
- 400ml can coconut milk, divided
- 1/4 cup (20g) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 500g Cook with Curtis Thai Recipe Beef Mince
- 1/4 cup (75g) Panang curry paste or red curry paste
- 200g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped coriander
- In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut milk with breadcrumbs and egg. Mix in the beef mince. Roll the mixture into 16 meatballs. Refrigerate for 10 mins or until cold.
- Cook the meatballs in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat for 6 mins or until brown all over. Using a slotted spoon, transfer meatballs to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 mins or until fragrant. Whisk in the remaining coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add the meatballs and green beans to the mixture in the pan. Cover and simmer for 5 mins or until meatballs are cooked through. Stir in coriander. Season with salt.
This quick and easy recipe is perfect for winter. Shop all the ingredients from Coles Online through Cashrewards and earn 9% Cashback on your first shop*.
*Cashback is applicable to new customers only.
Disclaimer: Some items in this article may not be eligible for Cashback. Deals, products, displayed prices, Cashback rates and available retailers through Cashrewards mentioned above may change at any time without notice. This article has not been specifically sponsored in any way, by any retailer, although Cashrewards has ongoing partnerships with the stores mentioned above in order to provide you Cashback at these stores.