Everybody likes a good Mexican dish and these enchiladas are just that! Perfect for lunch or dinner and easy to make. This recipe is great for the family or dinner party and it’s vegetarian-friendly.
The recipe is taken from the HelloFresh website and is packed with heaps of yummy goodness. Everyone will be licking their fingers and coming back for seconds. If you’re having a dinner party then a pitcher of margaritas is a perfect accompaniment to this dish, and if you shop through Dan Murphy’s, BWS or My Bottle Shop you’ll even receive Cashback!
The Recipe: Cheesy Mexican Bean Enchilada with Lime & Coriander Salsa – Serves 4
2 Red Onions
12 mini flour tortillas
1 bunch coriander
250 Grams Shredded Cheese
2 Roma Tomato
2x 420g Sweet Corn
375g Enchilada Sauce
2x 400g Red Kidney Bean
Mexican Seasoning (stir in seasoning is optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Finely chop the red onion. Grate the carrot (unpeeled). Drain the sweetcorn. Drain and rinse the red kidney beans.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a medium frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the sweetcorn and cook, tossing occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden and lightly charred. Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Return the pan to a medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the red onion (reserve a little for the salsa if you like) and the carrot and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add the Mexican seasoning (you can use stir in seasoning if you like) and cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Add the red kidney beans, 1/2 the charred corn and 1/2 the enchilada sauce. Stir to combine, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Working one at a time, place the mini flour tortillas on a flat surface and fill with generous spoonfuls of the enchilada filling. Roll the tortillas to close and place, seam-side down, in a medium baking dish. Pour over the remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle over the shredded Cheddar cheese. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is golden
- While the enchiladas are baking, roughly chop the coriander. Finely chop the Roma tomato. Slice the lime into wedges. Add any reserved red onion, the Roma tomato and coriander into the bowl with the remaining charred corn. Drizzle with olive oil and squeeze in 1 tablespoon of lime juice from one of the limes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss to coat. TIP: Add as much or as little lime juice as you like depending on your taste preference.
- Divide the cheesy enchiladas between plates and top with a dollop of Greek yoghurt and the salsa. Serve with any remaining lime wedges.
You can get all the ingredients for this scrumptious dish delivered with your HelloFresh order, and if you purchase through Cashrewards you’ll get $35 off your first HelloFresh box and receive $25 Cashback. Not only do they deliver all the ingredients for your meals, they will have you cooking like a pro too.
- Disclaimer: Some items in this article may not be eligible for cashback. Deals, products, displayed prices, cashback rates and available retailers through Cashrewards mentioned above may change at any time without notice. This article has not been specifically sponsored in any way, by any retailer, although Cashrewards has ongoing partnerships with the stores mentioned above in order to provide you cashback at these stores.